Take Your Yoga Practice to the Next Level
Using Ayurveda as philosophy and yoga as methodology, learn to teach the practices of pranayama, asana, mantra and meditation according to the elements, doshas, seasons, and individual needs. Learn to design and teach a group elemental vinyasa class and sequences for each dosha, and create a basic holistic lifestyle for yourself, your students, and your loved ones.
•Create and sustain your own home yoga practice and Ayurvedic self-care routine
•Teach basic asana, pranayama, mantra, and meditation with emphasis on Ayurvedic theory and functional anatomy
•Sequence public and private yoga classes based on the elements, seasons doshas, times of day, and phases of life
•Offer private and public classes and consultations on Ayurvedic holistic lifestyle, yoga therapy, and elemental vinyasa flow.
- Free airport pickup and drop off.
- 21 nights and 22 days in Playa Viva's eco-luxury beachfront accomodations on 200-acres of lush tropical paradise
- Daily morning vinyasa yoga classes
- Daily evening classes including chanting, meditation, and restorative yoga
- Introduction to Ayurvedic nutrition
- Cooking and Ayurvedic 3 day cleanse
- Vedic healing mantras and chanting
- Temescal Sweatlodge ceremony lead by local elder
- Visit to traditional local family homestead in the mountains to learn about herbs and food production
- Lesson on Ayurvedic self-care
- One Ayurvedic consult with Kameko
- One Yoga Therapy consult with David
- Fresh, organic, and local farm-totable meals in communal dinning area
- Home cooked Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners prepared by our chefs with authentic flavors and locally sourced ingredients
- Hike and explore 200 acres that include an estuary, an Aztec archeological site, turtle sanctuary, and a coastal forest and mangrove ecosystem which supports an array of stunning wildlife
- Swim in the warm waters of the Pacific Ocean or in the beautiful pool that overlooks the ocean
What's Not Included
- Flight to Mexico
- Adult Beverages from the bar
Kameko Shibata is an ERYT-500, National Ayurvedic Medical Association Health Practitioner, Massage Therapist, professional aerialist and wild creature. She is the Creator and Director of the YA certified school Yoga-Veda Shala, now in its 4th year.
Her focus on the traditional elements of Yoga, Ayurveda and Tantra are informed by her numerous studies in India, including the “vinyasa krama” system at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram. She has be fortunate enough to have more than 3,000 hours of Yoga, Ayurveda and Massage trainings over the last 10 years and has practiced yoga daily for 14 years.
David Moreno, RYT 500, has taught at international yoga conferences, festivals, universities, and teacher trainings worldwide. He has worked privately with students in the fashion and entertainment industries as well as professional athletes. Among those athletes taught include the U.S. Olympic Men’s Swim team coaches for the 2004 and 2008 Olympics. He has worked as a product advisor and ambassador for the Canadian Athletica Company, Lululemon, is a certified Pilates instructor, Somatic Fitness Trainer, and ordained minister.