Are you in need of a restful and rejuvenating yet affordable getaway? Come to Playa Viva for a week of yoga, meditation, and rejuvenation. Step out of your cabana right onto the beach, just footsteps from the ocean. The perfect place to relax, rejuvenate and restore while also having the opportunity to experience the onsite sustainable farm, turtle sanctuary, and visit the local community if you wish.
Yoga classes are creative and balanced, for a safe, strong yet supportive practice. Morning classes will be vinyasa flow for all levels, and afternoon/evening classes will be yin/restorative with yoga nidra or guided meditations. Optional workshops will be offered during the retreat (eight limbs of yoga and yoga in daily life, natural and efficient walking and running form, essential oils and chakra balancing). All levels are welcome and encouraged. We provide options and modifications so everyone feels included and comfortable, and the yoga is available, challenging and transforming for all.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the local community and resort, including a farm and permaculture tour, a visit to the local town including a trip to the coconut candy factory and local school where Playa Viva volunteers teach English. You can also explore the onsite archaeological site, and baby turtle sanctuary. Other activities and excursions may also be arranged during your stay, including visiting local coffee and cacao growers, enjoying a homemade meal at a family farm, kayaking and paddle boarding, fishing, snorkeling, surfing, marine biodiversity tour, and more!
- 5 nights accommodation (single, double, triple or quadruple occupancy).
- 3 organic, healthy farm-to-table meals per day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, described as "healthy Mexican with an international flair." Dietary needs can be accommodated, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, kosher, and allergies.
- Airport transfer included to/from Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport on arrival and departure dates.
- 2 Yoga classes per day (Vinyasa flow for all levels, Yin/Restorative, Yoga Nidra) and guided meditations.
- Optional workshops (essential oils and chakra balancing, eight limbs of yoga and yoga in daily life, natural and efficient walking and running form).
- Free time to relax and enjoy the beach, ocean, saline pool, turtle sanctuary, massage, spa, farm, and permaculture tour, and optional excursions and activities.
- Travel Insurance (we require that all participants purchase travel insurance).
- Massages and spa treatments are available and can be booked upon arrival.
- Activities and excursions may be arranged upon arrival (e.g. hiking, horseback riding, snorkeling, stand-up paddleboard, scuba-diving).
Growing up in Scotland, Sally moved to the U.S. in 2000 and spent 16 years working in technology in the corporate worlds of New York City and San Francisco. Her athletic background led her to begin training and racing as a competitive triathlete and runner, qualifying for the Boston marathon and the World Triathlon Championships for Olympic and 70.3 distances. Grateful for her mentors and learnings from the corporate and triathlon worlds, she is now passionate about sharing the teachings and gifts of yoga, meditation and bodywork with her clients, inspiring growth and transformation.