The Heart of Contact Yoga with Anjuli and Alok
FEBRUARY 13-17, 2015
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with this rejuvenating, heart-centered Couples retreat.
Connect with your body, spirit and heart in this 5-day, 4 night Contact Yoga retreat on the Mexican Pacific Coast with Anjuli Mahendra and Alok Rocheleau. You’ll stay at our luxurious, secluded eco-retreat center, Playa Viva -- only 30 min away from Zihuatanejo and its international airport, yet completely immersed in nature.
WHAT IS CONTACT YOGA?
A unique blend of partner stretching, contact improvisation, acrobatics, and Thai massage that helps you develop trust, strength and flexibility. Practices will include deep partner stretching and balancing, therapeutic touch, and improvisational movement -- all so that we can open to greater levels of joy, freedom and presence.
During the retreat we will also explore the 4 Sublime States (loving-kindness, vicarious joy, compassion, and equanimity), derived from Buddhist tradition, including practices to integrate these into your daily life. We will start the mornings with pranayama (breathing), meditation, and asana practice before breakfast. In the early evening before dinner, we will offer Contact Yoga practice tailored to the level and interest of our students. On the second day, we will share a cacao ceremony to open the heart and senses. Optional activities will include: earth medicine hikes, chanting, singing, improvisational movement, and meditation. You’ll also have plenty of unstructured time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings, journal, book a massage, or take an excursion.
Sounds like the perfect winter getaway?
Come breathe, dance, stretch, and play in beautiful Playa Viva, Mexico. Don't delay -- there are limited spots and the retreat will likely sell out. Sign-up by Dec 13th and save $200!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Four Nights and Five Days (double occupancy; single accommodation can be requested)
- Abundant, gourmet, local and organic food and non-alcoholic beverages : three gourmet meals a day, plus delicious snacks and refreshments. (Full bar is available, individuals responsible for their own bar bill)
- Airport ground transportation to and from Playa Viva
- Daily morning yoga and meditation
- Afternoon Contact Yoga classes + Optional Evening Sessions
- On-site excursions (hiking, turtle sanctuary, lagoon, etc. - no extra charge)
- One Therapeutic flying session with Alok or Anjuli
SPACE IS LIMITED
- Studio Room $1008 per person, based on double occupancy ($1208 after December 13)
- Deluxe Suite $1172 per person ($1372 after December 13)
- Special Couples Rates: ($100 discount!)
- Studio Room $958 per person ($1158 after December 13)
- Deluxe Suite $1122 per person ($1322 after December 13)
Please inquire about single rooms, and the option to add on extra days.
A non-refundable deposit of $300 is required to hold your space.
Final Balance Policy: Final payment must be received by Dec 13th in order to be eligible for the early bird pricing and is non-refundable after that date.
Cancellation Policy: In the event of cancellation, your entire payment will be refunded less the $300 deposit if the cancellation is made before Dec 13th, 2014. Payments after this date are non-refundable
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO REGISTER:
* In the online room reservation form, specify arrival and departure dates of February 13-17, 2015 (unless extending additional nights), 2 adults in the room, and use Promotional Code ‘Heart2015’ in the ‘Remarks/Request’ field of the reservation form. If you prefer a single room, have any questions, or experience any problems with online registration, including if you find that rooms are sold out, please call 1-800-397-6093.
ABOUT ANJULI MAHENDRA, LMT
Anjuli Mahendra is a multi-modality healer, teacher, and founder of Shakticura Healing Lounge. Her Berkeley-based private practice, Embodied Resonance includes integrated bodywork, coaching, and workshops that focus on opening the body to it’s highest potential. Her connection to holistic movement and healing started in 1999 through a regular Iyengar yoga practice that developed into yoga teaching by 2004. Her adventurous nature took her to Asia in 2004 where she fell in love with the Asian healing arts of Shiatsu and Thai massage, training in both and adding them to her repertoire. Anjuli’s teaching style is a unique synthesis of dance, movement, and healing practices. She has developed her unique twist on Contact Yoga, drawing on her somatics experiences with contact improvisation, acro-yoga, and bodywork. In addition to Contact Yoga, she teaches Thai massage, hatha yoga, and dance workshops.
- Yosemite Yoga & Backpacking participant, 2012