Yoga and movement for relaxation and renewal and celebration
July 1-July 5, 2016
Join Shannon Sahaja on the Pacific coast of Mexico for a 5 days of supportive practices that nourish your system and revitalize your energy. Surrounded by pristine coastline and luscious subtropical climate, Playa Viva is one of the most beautiful eco-centers in Mexico. All are welcome.
What to Expect
ReSourcing YourSelf is designed to re-connect you with your essence through yoga, meditation and movement arts.
- Being Yoga: Morning solo practice that provides the guidance and structure to bring you into the moment, through the lens of the body. Unique to most yoga styles, you will also be invited to tune into your own creativity and flow. Being Yoga is a place where yoga, dance and meditation merge. Relaxing and playful, this soul nourishing approach to yoga will leave you deeply dropped into yourSelf!!
- Being Danced: Group practice for connection and expression. With amazing music to lift your spirit, we engage in awareness games that support group mind and spontaneity. Being Danced is a conscious dance practice that cultivates bonding through creating movement art together.
- Being Stillness: Experience the still presence inside you through restorative yoga and sound healing. Beautiful voice and quartz crystal singing bowls will create the ambient environment for your deepest relaxation.
You will have have plenty of unstructured time to explore the natural surroundings, book a massage, journal, or take a nap!
- 4 Nights and 5 Days Beachfront accommodations
- Roundtrip Airport Ground Transfers (fly into Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo - ZIH)
- Mostly organic and local meals prepared 3 times a day by an amazing house chef
- Unlimited fresh tropical juices and healthy snacks (Full bar available upon purchase)
- Daily yoga practice with Shannon in a tropical setting where the ocean and mountains/jungle are your backdrop! (mats & props provided)
- Daily movement practice that sparks your creativity
- On-site excursions (hiking, turtle sanctuary, lagoon, etc. - no extra charge)
What is NOT included:
- Massages or other spa treatments
- tips or optional donation to sea turtle sanctuary
All may be added to your room bill.
Shannon Sahaja - Shannon is a dedicated yogini, dancer, artist and lover of the earth. She has been practicing and teaching bodywork, yoga, dance and meditation since 1994. Her workshops are a finely woven tapestry of playfulness, presence and poetic wisdom designed to relax and restore your nervous system to its natural state of balance. She provides a safe container for students of all levels, to come into their bodies, alive and awake to their own possibilities.
"Shannon has a masterful yet gentle yoga style. I appreciated her adjustments and my body easily understood her touch. I found more ease, freedom and strength in the postures with the direction she was encouraging. With her, kind and powerful heart she creates an amazing retreat." - Michelle 2014 Harbin Hot Springs Retreat
"Shannon’s workshop provided the space to play, explore, and find wisdom in my body. I’ve been able to reconnect to parts of myself that I have lost touch with for years because of her facilitating." - Ashae 2015 Women's Healing Conference
Fees and Discounts
All prices are US$, per person, and inclusive of all meals, taxes, and workshop fee. Please see 'Accommodations', below, for descriptions of the room types available.
Double occupancy rate
- in a Studio: $725
- in a Deluxe Suite: $850
- in a King Ecocasita: $900
Triple occupancy in a Deluxe Suite: $765
Quadruple occupancy in a King Ecocasita: $750
Single occupancy rate
- in a Studio: $850
- in a Deluxe Suite: $1075
- in a King Ecocasita: $1195
Deposit Due Upon Reservation with Playa Viva: $300. Payment in full due by June 1, 2016.
Deluxe Suite - Spacious Room with a King Bed and trundle bed that can sleep two more. Room has unobstructed view of the ocean. Deluxe Suites are part of 4 Bedroom Casita - larger structure - consisting of two Deluxe Suites each with an adjoining Studio. Studio rents separately or can be joined with Deluxe Suite to form a Two-Bedroom Suite. Deluxe Suites have private bath and share a large balcony with the other Deluxe Suite that serves as a large living room containing couch, chairs and table. Balcony has unobstructed ocean view. Because rooms have vaulted palapa roofs, this room has visual privacy but not complete audio privacy from adjoining Studio. The sound of the ocean muffles much of the noise but for ultimate privacy choose the Private Casita or EcoCasita.
Studio - Studios have an unobstructed ocean view and include either two Single beds or a King bed upon request. Room also has a desk. Studios are part of the 4 bedroom Casita. These are moderately sized rooms that adjoin the Deluxe Suites, which can be rented separately. Private bathroom for Studios is downstairs from bedroom area.Studio has visual privacy from adjoining Deluxe Suite but due to vaulted palapa ceilings, the room has limited audio privacy. Proximity to the ocean provides some noise coverage. But for ultimate privacy, we recommend the Private Casita or EcoCasita.
King EcoCasita - King EcoCasitas are a one-bedroom self-contained "Casita" (little house). This EcoCasita provides complete privacy as compared to the Deluxe Suite and Studio rooms which are adjoining rooms and thus some noise is heard from one to the other. King EcoCasitas are each outfitted with a King Bed (can be separated into two singles) plus two single day beds that serve as comfortable couches during the day. These rooms have an unobstructed ocean view. King EcoCasitas have private bathroom on the same level and have shutter doors to open for full ocean view or close for complete privacy. A small table and chairs are also available. One of the King EcoCasitas has a ramp rather than stairs and is outfitted for easier use by the handicapped or elderly. It is also conveniently located closer to the Common Area.