November 7 - 14, 2015
Jennifer Prugh and Ausra Shtarka invite you to a 7-day retreat at Playa Viva, a sustainable boutique resort on a pristine beach in Mexico. The property’s nearly 200 acres of private beach includes an estuary, an Aztec archeological site, turtle sanctuary, and a coastal forest and mangrove ecosystem which supports an array of stunning wildlife.
We will practice yoga and meditation every day. There will be writing and creative assignments geared towards self- exploration with periods of the day spent in silence, an integral aspect of the yoga practice. You will have time to rest, swim, explore, be with a variety of animals, and form new friendships.
Rarely do we have the opportunity to go deep in such a beautiful place. Space is extremely limited. To register, contact Jennifer.Prugh@gmail.com.
Your retreat includes:
- Airport ground transportation to and from hotel.
- 7 night king/queen/twin sharing accommodations outfitted with luxurious locally sourced organic sheets and towels, biodegradable organic soaps made on site, organic shampoo, lotion and conditioner in your private bathroom.
- All meals served family-style including breakfast, lunch, dinner with surprise snacks throughout the day and lots of organic and/or local ingredients from our farm-to-table program.
- Two yoga classes a day, two meditation classes and talks.
- Turtle Sanctuary and release of baby marine turtles when available.
- Airfare to and from Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa International Airport (ZIH)
- Travel insurance
- Full bar including beer, wine, alcohol and local mescal and special blended drinks such as Basil Margarita
- Spa treatments including massage and other specialties of the individual practitioners
- Full set of excursions available through local providers including our most popular Sierra Excursion
- Transportation to local excursions
- Boutique purchases
- Full Amount: $2,095 ($1,750 early bird through August 1st)
- Non-Refundable Deposit: $1,000
Single (ONLY 3 Available)
- Full Amount: $3,900 ($3,300 early bird through August 1st)
- Non-Refundable Deposit: $1,900
About your guides
About Ausra Shtarka
Ausra Shtarka is a yoga teacher and student, Reiki Master and Life Coach. Coming from her rational science background and her love for running, her real yoga practice started after she kept re-injuring herself while attempting to train for marathons. She wanted to find other modalities of moving her body that had more long lasting sustainability. Yoga was a very instinctual choice on many levels. Training after training she kept studying and exploring different lineages of yoga with many exceptional teachers all over the country. Just a few of her teachers include Max Strom, Rod Stryker, Rusty Wells, Sarah Powers. After more consistent studies of yoga she started exploring other paths of mind and energy work adding studies of Reiki, Tantric practices, life coaching based on Karl Jung’s Shadow Theory, Tibetan practice of Feeding the Demons, Tibetan shamanic Chöd practice in order to help herself and guide others to go beyond the limits of the mind and body. Ausra also explored the studies of mind and body connection with Wim Wof, the “Iceman”, who holds twenty world records including a world record for longest ice bath and learn his methods and practices.
She has led yoga workshops and classes in Europe and US. Her other passions include studies of photography, art and design, travels and long distance bicycling. Ausra currently lives and teaches in San Francisco.