Our process goes beyond the LEED standard. Activities in this area include:
- Open air design that strengthens connection to ecosystem and provides natural air exchanges at all times.
- Edible landscape of organic gardens provide beauty and nourishment.
- Construction materials used from locally harvested woods (renewable), wall coverings made from local clay (local pigments) and design elements from local craftsmen.
- 100% off-grid solar with the exception of gas for cooking and for refrigeration.
- Waste materials which will be repurposed into organic matter for the Playa Viva permaculture farm.
- Playa Viva marine and land adventures will be conservation driven.
- Teselated building design create natural air conditioning.
- Natural and local products will be used in building, maintenance and cleaning.
- Alternate energy, such as renewable wind power and use of biodiesel will be leveraged where possible.
- Buildings will be oriented and designed for passive cooling and maximize airflow.
- Bio-Diesel production on site from used vegetable oil to power guest transportation vehicle.
- Guest soaps created from bio-diesel by-product, glycerine, used in all rooms along with organic bio-degradeable shampoos.
- Regeneration goes beyond LEED, beyond sustainable, it is about constantly making the whole place better, the living systems stronger and entire ecology more resilient.