May 5th - 10th, 2013
- Do you ever feel like you are COASTING or going through the motions without a clear purpose in mind?
- Do you feel you respond with reactivity to normal day-to-day situations in your life (traffic, co-workers, relationships, deadlines) rather than from a centered and grounded place?
- Do you often feel you don't have enough time, and struggle giving time to the things and people that really matter to you?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions, then this retreat is just what you have been looking for!
In this healing and transformative workshop, in the setting of Playa Viva, a beautiful beachside retreat on the coast of Western Mexico, have fun while getting in touch with the deep power of mindfulness as it applies to every facet of your life (work, health, relationships). You will learn tools to create more peace and presence in your life. You will also have opportunities to discover what gets in the way of living the life you really want. The title "Savor Your Life" refers to seeking to understand what really matters to you and then living from this place of awareness and joy. At the end of this retreat, you will have developed new tools and actions to create increased balance, health, and happiness in your life.
About the Retreat
Enjoy a richly satisfying week of yoga, meditation, mindful eating and cooking, and play at Playa Viva on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, near Zihuatanejo. At Playa Viva, you will be staying in a luxurious beachfront eco lodge, each room with an ocean front view, enjoying community meals, organic gardens, the property's nature preserve and a sea turtle sanctuary all within the property. It’s the perfect place to slow down, disconnect to reconnect, and experience pure joy away from the hustle and bustle. Yoga classes, meditation, and workshops specific to helping you to tune in and act mindfully at work, at home, and in your health
will be provided daily (5 hours daily). The rest of the day will be free time for exploration, rest, excursions, and play. Treat yourself to Carley's skillful teachings and a fun, deeply transformative and rejuvenating trip!
What is Included?
- Five Nights and Six Days (double occupancy; single accommodation can be requested)
- Abundant, delicious organic food and non-alcoholic beverages (3 gourmet meals a day, plus unlimited snacks and refreshments. Bar drinks are additional and charged to your individual guest account.)
- Pick up and drop off from airport
- Complimentary “Savor Your Life” 90-minute mindfulness CD
- Daily yoga and meditation (Vinyasa w/ Meditation)
- Two Mindful Eating and Cooking Classes
- Unlimited on-site excursions (hiking, turtle sanctuary, etc.)
- One off-Site Excursion (Sierra Mountain Expedition)
- One one-hour massage or other body treatment of your choice
- Individual Personalized Consultations with Carley
- Beachside salt water swimming pool
- Enjoy a beautiful and deeply restorative experience.
- Take with you tools you can use for your whole life.
- Deepen your relationship with yourself and what really matters.
- Savor Your Life!
Space is limited to 8 people for this transformative week!
Cost: $1500 per person
(based on double occupancy)
$1700 (based on double occupancy) after March 5th, 2013
Please inquire about single rooms, and the option to add on a weekend stay.
A non-refundable deposit of $300 is required to hold your space.
Final Balance Policy: Final payment must be received by March 5th, 2013 in order to be eligible for the early bird pricing and is non-refundable after that date.
Cancellation Policy: In the event of cancellation, your entire payment will be refunded less the $300 deposit if the cancellation is made before March 5th, 2013. Payments after this date are non-refundable.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for your trip. There are many travel insurance companies to choose from, but Travelex and STA are two reputable organizations for worldwide travel coverage to check with.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER:
Telephone: 415-971-7556 or 800-397-6093 ext.2
Register online at
* In the Playa Viva reservation form, specify arrival and departure dates of May 5-10, 2013, 2 adults in the room, use Promotional Code 'Savor2013', and choose Studio or Deluxe Suite accommodation. If you prefer a single room, have any questions, or experience any problems with online registration please call 1-800-397-6093, ext. 2 *
is a style of yoga that links breath and movement through sequences of Sun Salutations and postures. The smooth, continuous flow deepens breathing, increases endurance, strengthens your balance of mind and body. Vinyasa Flow with Meditation classes include a quiet period of meditation to help your mind calm and let your body be.
Sierra Mountain Expedition - To Be Scheduled - Early Morning Departure
Visit a family of local coffee and chocolate growers up the water shed in the mountains 1 hour by 4x4 from Playa Viva. Have a homemade meal with the family in their home and experience the country life of rural Mexico. Includes 4x4 rental, guides, and meal prepared on site (4-hr excursion).
Just a 10-minute stroll down the beach, you’ll find a volunteer-run turtle sanctuary. Volunteers patrol the beach at nights and with them you too can witness the miracle of a mother turtle laying her eggs. Volunteers collect the eggs and place them under protection at the sanctuary. A nest of hatched turtles are regularly brought to Playa Viva by a volunteer so you can help release these baby turtles into the ocean.
works as a Teacher of Yoga and Meditation, A Coach and Wellness Consultant. She is the president of Intuitive Wellness
, specializing in wellness and life and professional coaching. Her clients include individuals and organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area and nationwide. Carley works with clients holistically by integrating her knowledge in health and wellness honed over thirteen years working in the field with her Masters in Health Psychology. Carley holds certifications in nutrition, yoga, personal training, mindfulness, and coaching. Carley specializes in Mindful Eating and has been teaching classes and workshops on this subject for over 5 years as well as consulting on research in mindfulness with UCSF's Osher Center for Integrative Medicine. Carley enjoys helping her clients use mindfulness as the first step to wellness so that they can lead happy, productive, and balanced lives. For more information on upcoming classes, workshops, and coaching please see the following and contact Carley through: