- In the busyness of life, are you finding it hard to slow down and make time for what really matters?
- Are you looking for time to recharge, reconnect to yourself, and learn tools to bring more presence, health, and heart into your life?
- Are you ready for play, laughter, and a greater connection to the beautiful strengths we as women embody?
Join us in this healing and transformative workshop, in the setting of Playa Viva, a beautiful beachside retreat on the coast of Western Mexico. Relax and enjoy while getting in touch with the deep power of mindfulness as it applies to every facet of your life (work, health, relationships). Develop your inner resources and learn new tools to cultivate presence, health, and heart in your life. You will have opportunities to discover how to find balance while accessing your full potential for a life of happiness. Additionally, this women’s retreat will center on what its like to be a woman in this day and age and we will support one another in the various stages of womanhood with play, discussion, and connection.
About the Retreat
Enjoy a richly satisfying week of yoga, meditation, mindful eating/cooking, dance, community, and play at Playa Viva on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, near Zihuatanejo. At Playa Viva, you will be staying in a luxurious beachfront eco lodge, each room with an ocean front view, enjoying community meals, organic garden, the property's nature preserve and a sea turtle sanctuary all within the property. It’s the perfect place to slow down, disconnect to reconnect, and experience pure joy away from the hustle and bustle. Yoga classes, meditation, and workshops specific to helping you to tune into yourself, while developing tools in awareness, compassion, gratitude, and self care. The rest of the day will be free time for exploration, rest, excursions, and play. Treat yourself to Carley and Kate’s skillful teachings and a fun, deeply transformative and rejuvenating trip!
What is Included?
- Five Nights and Six Days (double occupancy; single accommodation can be requested)
- Abundant, delicious, mostly local and organic food and non-alcoholic beverages : three gourmet meals a day, plus unlimited snacks and refreshments. Bar drinks are additional and charged to your individual guest account.
- Pick up and drop off from airport
- Daily yoga and meditation (Vinyasa w/ Meditation)
- Two Mindful Eating and Cooking Classes
- Unlimited on-site excursions (hiking, turtle sanctuary, etc.)
- One 60-minute massage or other body treatment of your choice
- Individual Personalized Consultations and On-going support with Carley and Kate
- Enjoy a beautiful and deeply restorative experience.
- Take with you tools you can use for your whole life.
- Deepen your relationship with yourself and what really matters.
- Create connections and friendships that you will never forget.
Space is limited to 12 women for this transformative week!
Cost: $1500 per person
(based on double occupancy)
after February 1st, 2014 $1650 (based on double occupancy)
Please inquire about single rooms, and the option to add on a weekend stay.
A non-refundable deposit of $300 is required to hold your space.
Final Balance Policy: Final payment must be received by February 1st, 2014 in order to be eligible for the early bird pricing and is non-refundable after that date.
Cancellation Policy: In the event of cancellation, your entire payment will be refunded less the $300 deposit if the cancellation is made before February 1st, 2013. Payments after this date are non-refundable.
Travel Insurance: We recommend that you purchase travel insurance for your trip. There are many travel insurance companies to choose from, but Travelex and STA are two reputable organizations for worldwide travel coverage to check with.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER:
Telephone: 415-971-7556 or 800-397-6093 ext.2
Register online at
* In the Playa Viva reservation form, specify arrival and departure dates of May 4-9th 2014, 2 adults in the room, and use Promotional Code ‘Women 2014’ in the ‘Remarks/Request’ field of the reservation form. If you prefer a single room, have any questions, or experience any problems with online registration, including if you find that rooms are sold out, please call 1-800-397-6093*
is a style of yoga that links breath and movement through sequences of Sun Salutations and postures. The smooth, continuous flow deepens breathing, increases endurance, strengthens your balance of mind and body. Vinyasa Flow with Meditation classes include a quiet period of meditation to help your mind calm and let your body be.
Just a 10-minute stroll down the beach, you’ll find a volunteer-run turtle sanctuary. Volunteers patrol the beach at nights and with them you too can witness the miracle of a mother turtle laying her eggs. Volunteers collect the eggs and place them under protection at the sanctuary. When the eggs hatch, volunteers regularly bring the Just-hatched turtles to Playa Viva so you can help release these baby turtles into their ocean home.
works as a Coach, Consultant, and Meditation Teacher. She is the founder of Intuitive Wellness
, specializing in coaching and consulting with individuals and corporate organizations. Carley works with clients holistically by integrating her knowledge in health and wellness honed over fourteen years working in the field with her Masters in Health Psychology. Carley holds certifications in nutrition, yoga, personal training, mindfulness, and coaching. Carley specializes in Mindful Eating and has been teaching classes and workshops on this subject for over 7 years all over the country. She has also been a lead consultant in research observing the long term benefits of mindfulness as it relates to health, weight loss, and stress reduction. Additionally, Carley teaches on the subjects of Happiness, Positive Psychology, and Mindful Eating at Stanford University. For more information on upcoming classes, workshops, and coaching please see the following and contact Carley through:
has been a practitioner of Buddhist meditation and philosophy for the past ten years, and has been teaching mindfulness in education for over five years. She is a teacher in a teacher training mentorship with Jack Kornfield and Joseph Goldstein and leads weekly meditation classes and workshops in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Kate is founder and owner of The Heart-Mind Education Project, a mindfulness based consulting business lending support and resources to students and the adults in their lives. For the past five years, she has taught mindfulness to approximately 1500 students in the San Francisco Bay Area and has trained over 2000 educators, therapists, and parents nationally and internationally in mindful awareness curriculum and techniques.
Practicing Mindfulness and Loving Kindness with Carley at Playa Viva was dreamy. I found it to be a gentle and powerful retreat that stayed with me as I settled back into work and my regular schedule at home. It was so relaxing and the perfect setting to lay down new, positive neural pathways. Beach > read > sun > meditate > swim > eat > journal > yoga. Authentic, healthy, tasty meals. I really loved it and it was perhaps the best relaxing vacation ever. Beware, you might cry when you have to leave. I did.
- Jessi Callihan (Attendee, Savor Your Life Retreat, 2013)